We recently participated in a panel that answered students' questions about working in the GIS industry.
Along with SDG&E, Helix Environmental, and Black Sage Environmental, Quartic Solutions discussed topics centered around working in the real world for students interested in the GIS industry.
HERE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS:
- How do you know if you are doing a good job, and when should you move on?
- What do employers look for in a resume?
- GIS is a small community where most people know each other- it is important to consider this and never burn bridges.
- What classes are important for success in the real world?
- Make connections; your friends from school could find jobs, and when their company is hiring they can recommend you.
- What GIS organizations or groups exist in San Diego for students to participate in?
Community outreach is very important to Quartic Solutions- in fact, being involved in our local GIS industry has helped us form our amazing team.