HOW TO CHOOSE
A GIS FIRM
How do I select a GIS firm to work on my spatial system?
How easy is it to work with GIS contractors as a state or local government?
SPATIAL SYSTEMS ARE INTRICATE.
Choosing the right people can make all the difference.
CHARACTERISTICS OF GOOD CONSULTANTS
- Asks numerous questions about your goals, current processes, and hardware.
- Has numerous resources.
- Ability to work together with the client to address needs.
- Provides a variety of solution options (not just one).
- Only sells you solutions that are necessary and would work for your architecture.
- Stands by their product.
WHAT TO ASK
QUALIFICATIONS & STAFFING
- What softwares or GIS platforms does the consultant support?
- How qualified are they in the software or GIS your organization is using?
- How qualified are they in the systems ATTACHED to your GIS?
- What redundancies are there among staff members?
EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
- What sector does the consultant specialize in?
- What sectors does the consultant NOT work in?
- What size organizations does the consultant usually work with?
- How experienced is the consultant at creating documentation?
The video below will explain WHY you should be asking the above questions, and exactly how Quartic stacks up.
Learn about our certifications & qualifications
Question? Contact Us.